by Loni Cleve
One of the first things we ask a prospective or new client is to gain access to their Google Analytics. And we usually get one of two reactions: protective or eager.
If you’re in the protective category, know that you can provide (and revoke) users at any time. And the access you provide will be read-only, so you know your dashboards are safe. We ask for the access because the best digital plans start with solid information – and finding actionable data in your reports is one of the areas where we can add a lot of value.
If you’re the eager type and just aren’t sure how to set it up without giving away your passwords, here’s what you do. (NOTE: You must have Manage Users permission to do this.)
1. Sign in to your Analytics account.
2. Select the “Admin” tab and go to the desired account/property/view.
3. In the VIEW column, click User Management.
4. Under “Add permissions for,” enter the email address for the new user’s Google Account.
5. Select the “Read & Analyze” permission
6. Select Notify this user by email to send a notification to each user you’re adding.
7. Click Add.
Remember, you can add as many users as you need and can change permissions for a user at any time.
Would you like for us to take a look at your web performance and make suggestions? Let’s talk.